Monday, March 29, 2010

I MISS KOREA

So I went to visit the Motherland early this year.
I didn't really know what to expect, since
my last visit to Seoul was about 7 years ago.
To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy Korea as much as I did.
Having moved to Australia when I was just a kid,
I never had the chance to grow up
with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
So to me, Korea was a place that I came from.
I didn't really know how to go back.
But this year my feelings changed.
I still felt like
a stranger
but I felt
welcomed
at the same time.
It was weird.
But I will definately go back.
*
The above pictures are of the Han River
taken from the Haneul Park (Sky Park),
which is this
small mountain. My grandpa actually told the
history of the park. The mountain used to be
a huge pile of rubbish
that kept growing because of the immense population
in Seoul. Eventually it got too high
that they decided to use the
gas that was being emitted from it as energy
for the city and has now been transformed into an environmental park.
It really shows you how much Korea has changed over the years.
Everything has become cleaner
and safer.
*
I'll post some pictures that I took of my trip.
I really wish I had a better camera on me.

No comments: